Thursday, May 20, 2010

What I've been doing

Just an update of what I've been up to:

I've really been trying to catch up on orders and start hacking at the to-do list - Feeling really busy with all that. This blog really helps me get away from the workiness of it all...thank you blog!

I gave my bedroom a small facelift

Take a look see...
I decided to see how it would look to frame some of my favorite fabric. The fabric is a vintage flat bed sheet I found (still in its packaging) at a second hand store here in the AK. I've used it in several projects: quilts, those pillows on the bed, card making, and now I've framed it behind glass. I love the fabric so much and will really hate to see the last bit of it get used up.

I've been having loads of fun playing with soda pop tabs
I'm not a big soda drinker so I bought 500 tabs from CalicoSkies, a very nice etsy seller. A friend of mine found some green and blue pop tabs for me too (THANK YOU JAMIE!)
I'm trying to figure out different ways to crochet them together.
I think I'm getting the hang of it. Hopefully I will be able to get some sort of pop tab tutorial put together for you soon.

I was inspired to play with pop tabs by this:


It's kinda cool isn't it? Well, I want me one. This one is for sale at ecoist