Monday, April 16, 2012

Maple Turkey Breakfast Sausage



I think this is the first recipe I've shared on this blog...weird. I have to share this recipe because these are my FAVORITE and pretty EASY. Not as easy as frying up some pre-packaged pork sausage..but definitely healthier and easy for a "from scratch" recipe. Worth it?...I think YES! you'll have to let me know what you guys think. 

Ingredients:
2 lb Ground Turkey
1 tsp Ginger
3 tsp Salt
3 tsp Sage
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Black Pepper
2 tbs Maple Syrup (these taste great without maple syprup too!)

Mix all ingredients together. Heat up a frying pan around medium heat. These little patties are around  1 1/2 - 2 inches across. You can make them bigger if you want but I like them bite size. 
Pick up your turkey goo, smash it flat and fry it on each side for a couple minutes. 



eat with some eggs and asparagus...perfect meal! 

Whenever I make these, I always make a whole bunch so that we have extra in the fridge for munching on. They are delicious cold too. You can also throw these in your food. These taste great in pasta dishes. 

Hope you enjoy!!