Saturday, September 10, 2011

Update day

Did some crocheting last night, it felt so good! I haven't been able to crochet enough lately.

I've also been working a lot lately with collecting new and healthier recipes. I've really been trying to put together three healthy and yummy meals for my family everyday. Trying to get rid of the artificial as much as possible.
I was looking through this recipe book yesterday. I got it at a garage sale several years ago.

While flipping through, I came across this recipe...


It reads:

Elephant Stew

1 elephant, Salt and Pepper, Brown Gravy and Two Rabbits

Cut elephant into bite-sized pieces. This should take about 2 months. Cover with Brown Gravy. Cook over kerosene fire for two weeks at 465 degrees. This will serve 3,800 people. If more are expected, two rabbits may be added, but this only if necessary as most people don't like to find hare in their stew.

SO FUNNY! I've never seen a joke recipe in a recipe book before and it was a real treat!