Saturday, July 10, 2010

This....That and Vintage Bed Linens

I finally got to get my serger (that my husband bought be for Christmas 09') out....I had the hardest time figuring out how to use it but I have finally overcome and I am loving my new toy!

I had a stack of vintage bed sheets that I practiced sewing with....
 and look at all my lovely scrap my little serger spit out - my goal is to start making most of my daughters clothes so I can get a lot of practice.

Do any of you name your sewing machines? I've been thinking about giving my sewing machines names....any suggestions?

I love vintage bed linens...I always keep my eyes open for them at garage sales and second hand stores and I'm not the only one.

whimseydots sells pre-cut bundles of vintage fabrics -neato!

vintage fabric pillow by aubiejeanvintage

Gorgeous quilt by sewchicgirl

some more pillows by annajoyce
Love these!

gigglegarden makes these awesome burp rags...loves them

off topic but great anyway....look at this license plate I found the other day...

I like it