Saturday, March 16, 2013

Herringbone Blanket

inspiration.

I was inspired by this Quilt from Craftyblossom. Isn't it lovely?! I'm not very good at sewing so I wanted to crochet it.

It took a tiny bit more figuring that I thought it would but I was able to brain-muscle through it and.....

Here it is. My crocheted version of the quilt. The Herringbone Blanket....very clever name, isn't it?haha

If you follow the pattern as it is written the blanket measures about 40" wide and 55" tall. The pattern comes with instructions on how to easily make the blanket larger or smaller.
I used an M hook (I like big hooks!) and two Caron 1 Pounds skeins for this blanket. The skeins were on sale, so I was able to make this blanket for around $11 (nice!).

More pretty pictures of the blanket and my little middle daughter (Sumini Cricket)








What the blanket looked like before I added the pink border. 

This crochet pattern was carefully written and tested (tested by 8 talented crocheters) and is now available on Etsy and Ravelry
If you make one, I would love to see it. You can easily share pictures with me on my facebook page - Click Here