Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ginger - Frames of Infinity - Photography

Hey everybody! Happy Thanksgiving Eve!!

We get to cyber meet Ginger! She is an awesome, super friendly, crafty lady behind Frames of Infinity Photography in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. My favorite thing about her work is that she incorporates her own craftiness into her photography (she sews, crochets and makes a lot of her own props)....her work definitely makes me smile! You'll soon agree with me....I'm sure of it!

Here she is...Hi Ginger!


What is your favorite thing about photography? 
I would have to say that my favorite thing about Photography is capturing the love between families. To see REAL joy and love in everyone's eyes as they interact makes my heart happy. In a world that changes so quickly, it's nice to see that there are other families that actually LOVE being together.


What is your all time favorite photoshoot? 
This was actually the hardest question to answer. I pretty much cater to families, and their babies so I would have to say all of them. Newborn sessions do have a special place in my heart though. Who can have a bad day when part of their day is spent with a beautiful sweet smelling newborn.


What is your favorite photo that you've taken? 
I've taken so many images that I love of other peoples families, but one I got this summer of MY babies has to be my favorite. I had had a vision last winter of lots of green grass and balloons...and I just have to say that I did a happy dance as I saw it all come together. Cate had just stated walking that past week, so she was still in the super wide legged toddler stage. I knew it would only come together with luck, but it did. What you can't see in this picture is my AWESOME husband who was just out of the shot who kept running to get her and starting her toddle over again. My son was running laps around the fountain, and the other park guests had just moved out of the shot on the other side, SOMEHOW Fiona just happened to pause and Cate just happened to look at the same time. And I caught it. Not sure how, but I did. We loved it so much that we blew it up to fit over our fireplace.


Your such a creative photographer, what or who inspires you or what's  your creative process? 
I try to find inspiration everywhere. I love the thrift store, swap meets and vintage shops. Etsy and Pintrest are amazing sources to gather ideas, but honestly I usually find one piece somewhere that I love and go from that. I love to sew for my kiddos and they usually end up with some one of a kind piece that we put to good use. I get really excited when I find really original pieces.


Do you have any suggestions or helpful insight for those wanting to start there own photography business? 
Don't be discouraged, nor in a rush. Photography is about always learning, changing and seeing things in a different way than everyone else sees it. It takes years to find your own style, but once you do, it all just comes together. Photography is about more than what camera you carry, or how much money you spent on editing software. It's about creating, and capturing the world through YOUR eyes. Take the time and do it right and it will pay off.


I love these shots too....



Thank you so much for sharing with us!

Find more Ginger:  Website (Frames of Infinity)        Etsy Shop            Facebook