Thursday, May 5, 2011

Crochet Party Hat Crochet Pattern

Hello!
I'm tickled...a purple-ish pink to be a part of Delia's "Color my Summer" event. I've only started following blogs a little while ago and Delia's blog (Delia Creates) was one of my firsts. I'm always inspired by her awesome photo's and projects. I especially love her sweet, cheery spirit that shines through all her posts. Thank you so much Delia for including me! 



This awesome event is going on from May 3 to May 26 with new colorful and fun projects posted almost daily at both Delia Creates and Kojodesigns. Be sure to check out each blog because they each post a different project.

I love all crafts but I really lean toward crocheting as a favorite. I always find myself looking at things and asking myself..."could I crochet that?"

So today, I'm happy to show you the "Purple Crocheted Party Hat". I had so much fun making these and I look forward to having these around forever. The crochet really brings an extra special and unique look to a party hat. I'd really like to make a super colorful, "It's my birthday" party hat for all the kids to wear on their birthdays. 

This free pattern has moved! You can find this free pattern and more here: 

www.mamachee.com


16 comments:

  1. Genius idea and such an easy tutorial! Made one in couple of hours (I'm not an experienced crocheter) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable, I need to make these for my daughters birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this pattern. I'm making them for my Daughter's 1st Birthday party and I've added some of the flowers and leaves also!!! It turned out too cute... Thanks Again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this free pattern. I made this for a little boy's cake smash photoshoot and it turned out great! You can see the photos here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150790769982324.462675.194471642323&type=1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent hat. I would like to make it with out the paper cone to fit larger sizes for a cancer camp from Valarie's House. The theme this year is circus animals and Stars. I can do it as a clown hat as well as a hat covered with stars. Thank for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this !! I wish I would have had the pattern for our little guys 1st Birthday !! He turned 1 on Dec 25, 2012. This would have been PERFECT !!! I will be making these for sure for his next Birthday !! Maybe I can get started now and make enough for all the kids & adults to wear ! THANK YOU THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR SHARING !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just made this hat in two days. If I would have just sat and crocheted it, I would have been done yesterday. I love it. I needed to make a party hat for one of my groups that I just joined for International Crochet Month! I love it and it was so easy to make!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What do the numbers in the () mean? I'm a newbie to crocheting thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it means the number of stitches you should have after you have increased them per the other instructions like if you have 6 stiches in one row and it says to add 2 increases to the next row then you would have 8 stitches does that make sense

      Delete
  9. WOW! This is really an amazing and attractive post about Party Hat. I appreciate your posted wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing such an interesting post.

    Party Hat

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome I am making a black one for my baby's first Halloween easy pattern to follow thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where do you get the free pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't find the free pattern, even through the link... help?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. For people having trouble finding the pattern on Mamachee:

    http://mamachee.com/2011/05/06/crochet-party-hat-crochet-pattern/

    ReplyDelete