Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What to do with our yarn SCRAPS - Idea #2


Idea #2 - Make PomPoms! - PomPom Garland that is...


There are so many fun things you can do with pom poms and they are loads of fun to make and play with but today I am going to show you the yarn SCRAP pom pom streamer.

Materials:
*Yarn SCRAPS
*Scissors
*Pom Pom Maker - see here for free tutorial on how to make a pom pom with your fingers.
I use the clover (see below) pom pom makers - I really like them!
*Yarn Needle

Step 1
Make your pom poms, I made 9 - 3 1/2" pom poms for large (approx 10 ft.) streamer and 9 - 1 1/4" pom poms small (approx 3 ft.) streamer


Step 2
Use some yarn and yarn needle to thread your pom poms to make your streamer.



Ideas for the Scrap PomPom Garland - 
Decorate for a birthday party or baby shower
Would make lovely wedding decor I think!
Decorate a babies room with it
Decorate your desk/craft space with the smaller streamer
Use on your Christmas tree